Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursday January 28th

Today was a good workout day and a bad food day. It really wasn't all bad- just the dinner. I usually eat the same meats to get my protein block: tuna, turkey breast and chicken breast. There is not much variety there but I'll get to me meals in a bit.

This is how I started my day:
The lift of the morning was three sets of five front squats. I was able to do 83 pounds. It is more than I have done in the past. It was right at the point where I could do the three sets but it was definitely hard which is right where I want to be.

The WOD was three rounds of as many rounds as possible in three minutes of:
3 Power Cleans
6 Abmat Situps
9 Air Squats

So you repeat this three times with 1 minute of rest in between rounds. I lifted 63 pounds on my power clean and each round I was consistent. I finished three complete rounds plus started another set of Power Cleans, so I was 3+, 3+. 3+. It was fun too. During the workout I wasn't sure if averaging about three rounds per round was bad or good but I was in line with everyone else. I think that is a thing with CrossFit that I struggle with. I am so motivated about my workouts and lifting that I always want to improve and I find myself comparing myself to the other people that I work out with and sometimes that can be deflating because when the person next to me is dead lifting 300 pounds ( which clearly I do not think I will ever be able to do). I think I need to remind myself that I need to compete with myself and beat my personal time/weight and improve that way.

These were my zone meals of the day:

Breakfast:3 oz cheese, 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter, 1 pk instant oatmeal, 1/2 slice of bread

Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 6 almonds, 1/2 cup of grapes, 1/2 apple

Lunch: 30z tuna, 1 cup of celery, 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter, 1 slice of bread, 7 cherries

Dinner: 6 oz cooked firm tofu, 2/3 cup of raw onion, 3/4 cup of okra, 1 1/2 cups of cooked spinach, 1 tsp olive oil


My breakfast, snacks and lunch were pretty typical for me. I am noticing I am starting to figure out what I enjoy on the list of favorable carbs, proteins and fats on the block chart and sticking to them. For dinner I thought I would branch out and try tofu (which I love - but only when it is cooked well). I also wanted to try some different veggies. When I think of Okra it reminds me of my Grandma in North Carolina, all her wonderful cooking and her deep fried okra which is just amazing. So I cooked everything, it all looked good, took a few bites and pretty much hated everything. I realized the okra needs to be deep fried for me to like it, canned spinach does not even compare to fresh spinach, and the tofu I got was pre flavored which was not a good idea. Since I didn't finish everything, I just had an apple and then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment