Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday, January 21st

This marks day four of my Zone Meals and I have to say it is getting easier. It was pretty overwhelming at first looking at the list of foods, the portions I could use to make up my the 13 blocks I can eat a day and wondering if I will ever be able to have a normal meal with my husband again. But I have been pleasantly surprised! I feel that I am never hungry because I feel like I am constantly eating and I my body just feels better because I am eating healthier. Another aspect of the Zone I really like, is how aware it makes you of portion sizes. It might seem cumbersome to weigh and measure everything you eat but when I think about the amount of food I was putting into my body without even realizing it, it really does make sense.

This is how I started my day:
Workout of the Day "WOD"
12, 9, 6 (reps) of:
Squat Snatch (53 lbs)
3-1 pull ups and ring dips (36 each round 1, 27 each round 2, 16 each round 3)
My time: 28:09
This was a tough workout but a great day for me because I was able to FINALLY do a kipping pull up ( the CrossFit pull up) without the aid of a rubber band.

This was my Zone meals of the day:
Breakfast: 1 pack of instant oatmeal, 1/2 slice of bread, 3 oz cheese, 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter
Snack: 3/4 cup applesauce, 6 almonds, 2 oz cheese
Lunch: 1 cucumber, 1/4 cup chick peas, 1 cup tomatoes, 3 oz canned chicken,
Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup pineapple, 6 almonds
Dinner: 4 1/2 oz Salmon, 1 cup of green beans, a salad with 3 cups of mushrooms, 4 cups of spinach and 1 1/2 Tbsp on walnut vinaigrette dressing

All in all, not the best meals I have had so far but I still feel better than if I was not following the Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment