Thursday, January 21, 2010

So you are a blogger now?

So I never thought I would ever create a Blog. Ever. But now here I am in a Marketing Via New Media class at UCSD where my grade is dependent upon creating and maintaining a Blog. So I thought to myself what is something that I am very passionate about (some would say obsessed) and what came to mind was CrossFit and my new journey into the Zone meal plans...thus My CrossFit Experience was born.

I have been a CrossFitter since August 2009. I remember my first fundamentals class where I got so light headed after the warm up that I thought I was going to pass out. I have been going back ever since. I have come a long way but I still have an even longer way to go. The workouts continue to challenge me ( thats putting it lightly) and it is very inspiring to work out with others that are also passionate about being committed to health and fitness - even at 4:30 a.m!

I recently felt like I needed something to really help me kick it up a notch so as of this Monday, I have started The Zone diet. I hate to use the word diet because that word brings to mind images of ridiculous celebrities and their "diet" fads. I instead look at this as an overall change in the way I eat, to help better fuel my body and therefore perform better in my workouts and just feel better all the way around. So here goes nothing....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog, Meredith! We look forward to tracking your progress, both with the blog and with your fitness regimen.

    ReplyDelete