Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, January 25th

Week two of zone and it is getting easier. It is taking me less time to prepare my meals in the morning which has been nice. I am getting better at estimating how much food portions weigh although I still double check it with the scale. I still think the hardest part is for dinner time making an actual complete meal that sounds like something you would eat at dinner time and not just different random foods mixed together to get the right amount of blocks.

So this is how I started my day:
The lift of the morning was 3 sets of 5 of Back Squats. My last set of 5 I was able to lift 93 pounds. The max I have ever lifted for the back squat is 103 and that was a 1 rep max weight about a month ago, so I am definitely stronger because I think I could have done another set of 5 with at least 5 more pounds.
The "WOD" was very brutal on the arms. It was 3 sets of 21- 15- 9 reps of one arm (right) dumbell thrusters with 25 lb dumbells, one arm (left) dumbell thrusters with 25 lb dumbells, and pull ups. My arms were on fire by the end of the workout but it was great to have a workout with pull ups because the more I do the better I will get.

These were my zone meals for the day:

Breakfast: 3 oz cheese, 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter, 1 pk instant oatmeal, 1/2 slice of bread

Snack: 2 oz cheese, 1 apple, 6 almonds

lunch: 4.5 oz ground turkey, 1 cup green beans, 1/4 cup chick peas, 7 cherries, 9 almonds

Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 6 almonds, 1 cup of pineapple

Dinner: 1 slice bread, 3oz turkey Breast, 1 oz cheese, 1 cucumber, 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter



No comments:

Post a Comment