Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday February 11th

So we got back from Seattle Sunday night. What an awesome trip! It was so nice to get away. I went into the trip with the attitude that I would try to follow as close to the zone as possible but knowing that it wouldn't be perfect. I started out really good. I would go into grocery stores for my snacks and try to find healthier options for meals there and then sticking to meals in restaurants that got their carb sources from fruits and veggies and not pasta and bread. By the end of the week (we were staying the city at this point) I did not do so well. There was one afternoon that my husband and I literally ate our way through Pikes Street Market. By Sunday both of our stomachs were not happy with us!

But Monday morning I made started my week out right with my 4:30 am CrossFit and 100% zone meals all day. That first workout was especially rough but four days later I feel back in the swing of things which leads me to today...

This is how I started my day:
The workout was intense but mostly because all the workouts this week have been especially brutal on my quads and this one was no exception. The lift was 3 sets of 5 of dead lifts. I got up to 134 pounds. It is not the most I have ever done but it was still a good lift for me.
The WOD was a Tabata drill which is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 16 rounds. The first 8 rounds were tabata dead lifts but the 10 seconds rest period in between wasn't actually rest because we had to hold the bar standing upright. The last 8 rounds were tabata air squats, so 20 seconds of constant air squats and the 10 second rest period is you holding in the lowered squat position (not a rest period at all!) By the end my legs were on fire and needless to say it hurt to walk today.

These were my zone meals for the day:

Breakfast: 3 oz cheese, 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter, 1 pk instant oatmeal, 1/2 slice of bread

Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 6 almonds, 1/2 apple, 1/2 cup of blueberries

Lunch: 3 oz chicken breast, 3 tbs of rice, 9 almonds, 1/4 cup of corn, 1/4 cup of black beans

Snack: 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1 oz cheese, 1/2 cup of grapes, 6 almonds

Dinner: 2 oz chicken breast, 1 oz cheese, 4 cups of spinach, 1/2 apple, 1 cucumber, 1 tbs dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment